- black bean
- chick peas
- olive oil
- cooked carrot
- black pepper
- garlic clove
- pinon nut
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic, pine nuts and parsley.
- Wash and dice the carrot and tomatoes.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and beans.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid, 2 cups water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas and cannellini and kidney beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, pine nuts, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the chili among individual bowls and top with the pesto.