- egg white
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- almond flour
- buckwheat flour
- pinon nut
- Baking soda
- Sweet potato
- Coarse salt
- Fresh basil
- Sheep cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Puncture sweet potatoes with a fork; bake for 50 minutes.
- Skin potatoes and mash in a bowl.
- Add almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, garlic powder and mix well.
- Whisk egg white and fold into sweet potato mixture.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into long, thin ropes.
- Cut rope into 1 inch segments and lightly flatten each piece.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil; add gnocci. They are done quickly, when they float to the top. Remove as they float.
- Top with pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- the pesto:
- Wash basil leaves thoroughly.
- Place basil in a food processor or blender, add and pulse the garlic, pine nuts, and salt together at medium speed.
- When a paste forms, add olive oil and cheese, and continue blending, adding olive oil as needed until it makes a uniform texture. Add as little oil as is possible to make the pesto more liquid than paste.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon if desired.