- black pepper
- Sweet potato
- Garlic powder
- Peel and cut the sweet potato lengthwise so the slices can be easily cut in julienne.
- Once cut,Transfer the shredded yams to a large bowl and toss with salt, pepper, garlic powders, and dried herbs.(Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning.).
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the seasoned sweet potatoes/yams.
- Toss everything in the fat and stir-fry for a minute. Then, pop on a lid for a few more minutes while the yams cook. The hash is ready when there’s some crunchy brown bits and texture is soft and tender.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter foams, crack two eggs into a bowl and pour ‘em gently into the hot pan.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper, Once they’re done, carefully slide them out of the skillet and on top of a mound of hash.