- olive oil
- Sweet potato
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F (200ºC).
- Using your potato peeler, remove skin from both sweet potatoes and beets.
- Dice your sweet potatoes and beets into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place beets only on a baking sheet and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. You don’t want too much olive oil or they won’t crisp up nicely.
- Bake beets at 400F (200ºC) for 15 minutes.
- Now add sweet potato chunks to the baking sheet and decide whether or not you need another drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes and remember to check at the 15 minute mark and ensure that everything bakes evenly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, pine nuts, and sea salt.