- olive oil
- garlic clove
- bay leaf
- sweet paprika
- Red pepper
- Medium onion
- Soak the lentils (the night before), in distilled, filtered or bottled water if possible. Add a dash of lemon or vinegar and leave to soak for 10-15 hours.
- Drain and rinse the lentils under running water.
- Combine in the pressure cooker with ¼ liter of water, the onion cut in half, a crushed garlic clove, sliced red pepper, sliced carrot, a dash of oil, bay leaf and salt.
- Turn up the heat and, when it starts to bubble, put the lid on the pressure cooker and count 15 minutes from the time the steam starts to escape from the valve, over a medium heat.
- When the 15 minutes is up, let the steam escape, take the lid off the pressure cooker, remove the onion and garlic and add the rice with a touch of paprika.
- Put it back on the heat until the rice is ‘al dente’ (about 15 minutes).
- Take out the bay leaf and serve hot.