- black pepper
- sweet paprika
- Garlic powder
- Coarse salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring to boil 1 liter of water. Wash the lentils thoroughly and add them to the boiling water. Stir and leave to simmer on a medium to low heat for 12-14 minutes, until soft but not disintegrated.
- While the lentils are boiling, chop the beet and onion into very small pieces (optional: use a blender, pulsing in 6-8 short bursts), and put them in a bowl.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain thoroughly and combine with the beet and onion. Mix well and add the paprika, parsley, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Add texture to taste with garbanzo (chickpea) flour.
- Shape the lentil mixture into burgers (use a mold or circle cookie cutter if needed) and cook them on the grill with a little coconut oil.