- garlic clove
- Red pepper
- Chicken broth
- Medium onion
- Medium tomato
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under running water. Repeat this process several times and stir to remove all impurities and saponins.
- Peel, rinse and chop the shallots, mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Over medium heat sauté shallots, bell pepper, and mushrooms with a little ghee for several minutes.
- Add quinoa and garlic, sauté for a few additional minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and water (in total, there should be twice as much liquid as quinoa) bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Once all the liquid has evaporated, salt and serve.