- feta cheese
- small eggplant
- yellow squash
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- garlic clove
- Cherry tomato
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF(200ºC). Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash (all diced) between the two baking sheets. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss. Add a little more if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until the veggies are softened and beginning to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Set the roasted vegetables aside to cool.
- To cook the quinoa, combine the uncooked quinoa with ⅔ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until the water is absorbed. Remove lid, fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- To toast the pine nuts, cook them in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they’re turning lightly golden and fragrant, about 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and garlic. Slowly pour in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil while whisking constantly to emulsify the mixture. Add the tomatoes, quinoa, basil, mint, roasted vegetables and pine nuts, and gently stir to combine. Season generously with salt, pepper and maybe another squeeze of lemon, to taste. Garnish with crumbled feta and serve at room temperature.