- chick peas
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Red pepper
- Cherry tomato
- To cook the garbanzos, soak in water for 24 hours, drain and rinse. Place in a saucepan, fill with fresh water until covered. Using a pressure cooker (lowering heat when it whistles) and cook 20 minutes, or in a normal pan, cook covered for 1 hour or until tender. Option: to save time, use canned or jarred cooked chickpeas, and rinse well under running water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper)
- Chop cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion and olives.
- Combine chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, onion and olives in a large bowl.
- Add dressing to salad bowl and stir all ingredients together.
- Allow salad to be refrigerated for 10 minutes before serving.