- sweet paprika
- curry powder
- buckwheat flour
- Red pepper
- Medium onion
- starting with dry lentils
- Soak the lentils in water (distilled, filtered or bottled if possible).
- Add a dash of lemon or vinegar and leave to soak for 10-15 hours.
- Drain and rinse the lentils under running water.
- Bring lentils to a boil in salted water and leave to simmer for 30 minutes (until tender). Skim off any foam that may rise to the surface.
- starting with pre-boiled lentils
- Mash or chop in a food processor the lentils without letting them become completely pureed.
- Wash and chop the red pepper finely enough to mix with the lentils.
- In a skillet, saute the vegetables with a tablespoon or less of butter.
- Combine the lentils and vegetables. Add the spices to taste (oregano, paprika, curry powder, garlic powder) and buckwheat flour. Stir the mixture.
- Shape the burgers and sear in the skillet.