- Medium onion
- the sake of food safety, since this dish isn’t cooked over heat but in the acid from lemons, it’s advisable to freeze the fish for 24 hours before preparing the ceviche.
- Slice or dice the fish and put in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemons and pour the juice over the fish, letting it cook in the lemon juice.
- After 15 minutes the fish will turn whiter.
- Finely chop the onion and add it to the bowl, stirring a little.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.