- olive oil
- sweet paprika
- If you haven’t bought your octopus precooked: put one into a pressure cooker without any water over a high heat. When it’s hot, take the octopus by the head and start moving the tentacles to the bottom. You will see how they start to crinkle.
- Put the octopus into the pan (without any water) and cover.
- When the cooker comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and leave it cooking for 15 minutes.
- At the end of that time, depressurize the cooker and take the lid off. You can see how much water the octopus has lost. You can cook the potatoes in this if you haven’t done them while the octopus was cooking.
- Serve on a platter with the cooked potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced underneath, and the sliced octopus on top. Pour over a good amount of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and flakes of salt.