- Minced beef meat
- small eggplant
- olive oil
- Medium onion
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C, 350 degrees F, Gas Mark 4. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and with a knife make deep cuts in the flesh, (lengthwise and across but without breaking the skin). Put the halves into an oven-proof dish (skin downwards), add a little salt and a splash of oil to each one and leave them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the mushrooms in plenty of water and finely chop them.
- Peel and chop the onion and sauté in a pan. Add the mushrooms after a few minutes.
- When the vegetables are well cooked, add the ground beef and stir, breaking it up to make sure it is cooked on all sides.
- When the eggplants are well cooked, take them out of the oven and remove all the flesh, taking care not to break the skin.
- Chop up the eggplant flesh and add it to the pan with the meat and vegetables.
- Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and, if you are a fan of cheese, grate some mature goat’s cheese, sprnkle on top of the eggplants and bake for ten minutes.