- chick peas
- olive oil
- curry powder
- Cherry tomato
- Fresh basil
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes.
- Wash and cut the eggplant.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rice, 1 ½ cups water, and some salt and bring to a boil. Stir the rice once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, eggplant, curry powder, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until eggplant is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook just until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from heat and stir in the basil. Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve the vegetables over the rice.