- black pepper
- Coarse salt
- Wash cabbage, carrot, and apple.
- Cut cabbage into very thin julienne strips.
- Peel carrot and apple, cut into very thin julienne strips. If too difficult to cut, use grate.
- Mix all three ingredients in a bowl until combined evenly.
- For the sauce: mix the mayonnaise, mustard, white vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to salad and stir well. If have time, let cool before eating.
- the mayonnaise:
- Break an egg into a mixing bowl, add a splash of vinegar, some salt and plenty of olive oil.
- Put the blender arm right at the bottom of the mixture and blend continuously without raising it until the mixture emulsifies.
- When the mixture starts to emulsify, carefully move the blender up and down