- olive oil
- garlic clove
- Red pepper
- Roast the peppers in the oven for 30-40 minutes 180 degrees C, 350 degrees F, Gas Mark 4, turning half way through so that they brown on all sides.
- If you cover them with baking foil when you take them out of the oven and leave them to cool for 15 minutes you will be able to peel them more easily. Put to one side and season with salt and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Dry the fresh or unsalted cod with paper towels and place it face down in a small casserole dish. Cover with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves, a piece of chilli, and a sprig of thyme.
- Warm the casserole over low heat until the oil has heated up (if you have a thermometer, the ideal temperature is 60-65 degrees C, 140 – 150 degrees F.). Then leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes. It should never reach boiling point. Stir the mixture half way through.
- Serve with the skinned peppers.