- olive oil
- garlic clove
- coconut oil
- Red onion
- Saute onion and garlic in a large pot with the olive oil over a low to medium heat until softened.
- Add the fine chopped cauliflower and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the pot completely with a tight fitting lid and turn down to heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring half way through and checking to make sure there is still enough liquid to steam the cauliflower. It’s important not to overcook it to keep the fresh flavour intact.
- Remove from the heat and place into a good high speed blender.
- Season with a little sea salt and white pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Slice the red onions up into small uniform pieces.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat the coconut oil until completely melted. Add the onions and sprinkle the salt evenly. Cook onions until tender.
- Serve the Cauliflower mash and top with the caramelized onion.