- feta cheese
- small eggplant
- olive oil
- chili flakes
- Red pepper
- Fresh goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds and stalk. Put into a small roasting tin and brush with olive oil. Season. Roast for 35 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the edges of the flesh are slightly scorched.
- Meanwhile take the pesto, scrape it into a bowl and add the feta cheese and chili.
- Cut the aubergines horizontally into slices about 1.5cm (½in) thick. Brush each slice with olive oil on both sides. Heat a griddle pan and cook the slices. Start off on a medium-high heat to get a good color on both sides, then turn down the heat until the aubergines are cooked through.
- Season as you go along. Set them aside as they are cooked and squeeze a little lemon juice on them (but not too much).
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle you can remove the skins (this is optional). Cut the roasted peppers into slices, lengthways. Build the stacks, starting with a slice of aubergine, then adding strips of pepper, fresh goat cheese and the pesto.
- Top the stack with some of the pepper, some of pesto, scramble goat cheese and sprig of coriander.