It’s time to get fit for summer and we have created the perfect plan to do so.
This plan is not just for this summer, you can have year-round results with it. Saying that, the best time to start a plan to be ‘summer ready’ is right now!
We have created a three month summer plan. This article will give you a plan to follow for the first month.
We have two more articles lined up that we’ll publish in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
Before starting your get fit for summer plan
Now that you’re ready to look and feel good, here are a few suggestions before starting:
- Set a goal—many people underestimate the power of a setting a goal. A Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely (SMART) goal will set you up for success and be a continuous motivator for you. (Ex: I will complete a Mammoth Hunters workout four times a week for three months)
- Recognize your mindset—are you starting this plan just to look good? If yes, we don’t want you to focus on body insecurities, but what your body really needs. Stay positive throughout the process and encourage yourself.
- Think of the outcome—what will be the results of this plan? Do the pros outweigh the cons? You might not be able to eat your typical pizza lunch or have dessert after dinner each night, but you will have more energy, be happier, and feel lighter.
- Stay accountable—include others in your health plan. If you have roommates or you eat with the same people everyday, it is essential to let them know what your goals are. They might even want to get involved too!
- Schedule dates—set up the first day and last day of your plan. The main difference between a wish and an objective it is that you have specific times planned.
What to avoid:
Eat food, not products.
When we say food, we mean all natural, organic, and quality foods.
Think of food in its simplest form (vegetables, fruits, meats, nuts).
All of the foods that our ancestors have been eating: the food that our body can easily digest and absorb for a healthy body and mind. This is how we will get our body to regulate the proper quantity to eat.
When processed foods like cakes, potato chips, and other snacks are consumed, they are designed to be eaten even if we are not hungry at all so our mind will not be able to control the quantity.
Avoid sugar, excess carbs, and eating often during the day.
When we consume sugar, insulin levels increase in the blood.
In optimal quantities, this hormone is beneficial for our body due to its capacity to carry sugar to the liver and muscles. But another function of insulin is to prevent the body from burning fat, so if insulin levels are high all the time, it will be hard to regulate it.
At the same time, after consistently eating unhealthy and being sedentary, the liver and muscles cannot absorb more glucose resulting in a storage of fat.
A plan is not about starving or extremely reducing calories.
Usually eating less and having a slight deficit of calories (300-500 calories per day) leads to losing some weight sustainably.
Higher deficits could generate some metabolic changes to stop losing all the reserves we have in our body.
The truth is, when we drastically reduce our consumption of calories, our body adaptability prefers to reduce the amount of energy we have rather than reducing our belly fat. We will start feeling weak and actually keep the same weight.
If you want to know more about this, you can check this article we wrote some time ago.
Get fit for Summer: Preparation
- Eat quality food: fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, seafood and eggs.
- Eat non processed food without additives.
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
- Do not spend all day eating. 3 or 4 times a day is enough.
- Eat to nourish your body.
- Don’t fear fat, this article explains why. To lose weight you should not limit healthy fat consumption (avocado, olive oil, coconut, etc.)
- Workout on an empty stomach. This post tells you why.
- Regulate your biorhythm. Recover your energy and rest 7-8 hours a day minimum.
Get fit for summer: Part I
Use the Mammoth Hunters App for a fully personalized training and nutrition plan based on your weight, body fat and goals.
We have 12 free sessions and basic nutritional advice for you to try out the program.
Things to keep in mind:
April is the best month to kick start your journey to get fit for the summer. Don’t keep it for later and rush during the last month. You’ll regret it.
Starting now will avoid all the extreme and harmful diets, and their knock-on effects as we explained in this article!
- Forget about how much you weigh. Your focus should be getting in better shape and having an overall healthier body. Keep in mind that muscle is heavier than fat so your weight is not a good indicator of change. If you need some indicators, tracking your % of body fat and taking pictures every other week are great options.
- Do not rush. First you have to reset your metabolism, then your brain and hormones won’t play against you for losing calories fast. If you keep this in mind, your brain will be an ally to burn fat in an efficient way.
- Improve your energy balance. Be more active and eat better. Working out is a must on this plan so forget all your excuses to not train. 🙂
Here we go, let’s do it together and get fit for summer!